Every day we see more evidence of the destructive impact of climate change: record-breaking temperatures, rising sea levels, severe hurricanes, droughts, wildfires, melting glaciers. We must act now to fight climate change; there is no time to wait!
350 Madison needs your financial support to fight climate change. We oppose tar sands pipelines, urge local financial institutions to divest from fossil fuels, and seek to reduce local demand for dirty energy. We believe in the power of ordinary people working together to achieve a safe climate and a better future.
What distinguishes 350 Madison from other environmental organizations?
- We are a grassroots organization that is both nationally and internationally connected.
- We work both inside and outside the system to generate results.
- While we are deadly serious about our cause, we often use art and play to communicate. We make a moral, and not merely scientific, case for climate action.
- We are flexible, responsive, and non-bureaucratic.
- We focus exclusively on fossil fuels, recognizing that controlling carbon emissions from fossil fuels is fundamental to protecting our environment.
- We collaborate with diverse groups that share our concern about the climate and environment.
Donations to 350 Madison are well spent. Your donations will be used to charter buses to demonstrations; pay for art props, displays, and banners; develop educational materials; train activists; and provide needed administrative support.
Everyone who gives at least $5 per year is eligible to vote in 350 Madison elections, but sustaining donors give a boost to our efforts to fight climate change by making it possible to budget for important projects and staff time. Please consider becoming a sustaining donor this year, or if you’re already a sustainer, please consider increasing your donation.